Not one to be tempted with the idea and then not pursue it, I hunted and scored with a butterscotch recipe that contains SCOTCH! I can’t help but think this will be infinitely better then butterscotch sans the libation. Simple and straight forward, it should take about 10 minutes to make. Mix with the nut of your choice and serve over ice cream. Great topping for waffles (built in butterscotch sauce pockets!). Healthify it and get one of your servings of fruit by dipping apple or pear slices, pineapple wedges or strawberries. If you find a veggie stick it goes with, let me know.
1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons Scotch whiskey ( do not use extremely smoky or peaty type)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally.
2. Lower heat and boil gently, stirring often, until sauce thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Remove from heat and stir in Scotch whiskey and vanilla.
4. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
5. Can be refrigerated up to one week; warm GENTLY before serving.